One of the hardest decisions in life has got to be choosing between a Taco Bell quesadilla or a burrito. Right? Okay maybe not but we all have our priorities.
Thank you Taco Bell for creating a concoction that brings these two beauties together. So cheesy, so messy, so worth it. As you may know, Taco Bell removed this from their dine in menu. You can no longer order it in the drive thru but rumor has it you can order it through their website or the app. Social suicide if you ask me. So let’s cook this bad boy at home.
- 1 pound ground beef
- Taco seasoning (preferably Taco Bell brand)
- 8in flour tortilla
- 10in flour tortilla
- Shredded cheese
- Cilantro lime rice or Spanish rice (I use instant cause I am lazy like that)
- Sour cream OR that oh so delicious quesadilla sauce we made last week
- Vegetable oil
- In a medium pan cook the ground beef and drain the grease (don’t forget your foil in the drain trick). Add taco seasoning and cook according to package instructions.
- While beef is simmering cook your rice.
- Now to make the “quesadilla”. Top your larger tortilla with shredded cheese, just enough that the smaller tortilla will cover it. Toss that sucker in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until cheese is slightly melted. You can use two large tortillas for this but using the different sizes will make rolling your burrito much easier!
- Now it’s time to layer. I have found it’s better to put the wet ingredients down first. Sour cream or quesadilla sauce OR BOTH! Plop some queso down. Next is your rice and ground beef. Do not over fill or you will literally be covered in cheese, unless you are into that kind of thing.
- Time to roll it up! Fold the sides in first and rolllll.
- Last but very important final step. Let’s make them crispy! Add some vegetable oil to a large skillet and place each “burrito” in the pan seam side down. Cook until brown and then flip.
Say hello to Vance!
Vance is a special case. He spent some time in a shelter where he was constantly stressed out to the max. He currently lives with his foster family and is treated like the king he is. It is amazing to hear about the transformation he has made!
Here’s where I come in! A dog walker is not always a necessity of course but this boy has some serious energy and it is my job to tire him out. He is so curious about all the smells the world has to offer and I love that I get to be the person to help him find them.
When I first met his foster mom she told me she was happy to find someone who would work with Pitbulls and other similar breeds. This really took me by surprise, going into this job the thought of turning someone away because of their breed NEVER even crossed my mind! It breaks my heart that Pitbulls are given such a seriously bad rap. As the former owner of a Chihuahua I can promise you that they are far more moody and dangerous than pretty much any large breed dog I have ever met. On that note, ALL dog breeds are amazing and deserve the chance to show you just how much love they can offer.
Vance is on his journey to find his forever home and I am so grateful for our time and learning together, although it may only be temporary 😦
No two days are alike with a job like this. The weather, the dog and the people you meet (some wonderful… some could work on their attitudes haha!) Everyday I am learning new things and I will continue to say thank you universe for bringing dogs into our lives to keep us grounded.
Talk to ya later friends!