Hi! I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving! As amazing as 2020 would allow it to be at least.
Mine was different but beautiful. Takeout food, wine and trash tv with my little family.
I am finding myself in a bit of a lull lately. If you are a living breathing person reading this post right now in 2020 then I know you get where I am coming from.
This year is really something!
Let’s move on to eating because tis the season to wear oversized sweatshirts 🙂
Let me tell you something about quesadillas, these babies are so versatile. For real, if it can be a sandwich it can be a quesadilla. Don’t be shy about your filling. For this week I want to focus on one that I crave most of my days on earth.
Taco Bell Quesadilla
- Shredded chicken breast, steak or ground beef (if you prefer a plain ol cheese dilla feel free to leave out the meat).
- Shredded cheese
- American cheese (cut into strips)
- Large (10 in) tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- Quesadilla Sauce* (I posted the recipe below if you need a reminder!)
- Cook off your protein with taco seasoning and set aside. I prefer to shred mine but this is totally your preference, if you like larger pieces of meat than get you some.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium. Use enough oil that it coats the bottom of the skillet.
- We are going to treat our large tortilla like a pizza crust. On just half add your Quesadilla Sauce*. On the other half a layer of shredded cheese.
- Add your protein on top of the shredded cheese (at this point you can add any other quesadilla fixins you prefer. I like to keep it simple). On top of your protein, add your strips of American cheese. I usually add 6-8 strips, depending on how cheesy I am feeling.
- Fold the side with the Quesadilla Sauce* over the cheese and meats and pat it down.
- Now that your pan is hot, carefully place your quesadilla in the pan so that the side with the sauce is on top.
- Cook for about 2-3 min or until golden brown and flip.
- Once browned on both sides. Remove from pan, cut into 4ths and eat up.
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp pickled jalapeño
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Grab yourself a medium size mixing bowl or a Tupperware container. I prefer something that has a lid because this will make a good amount of sauce and it stays really well in the fridge for a few days.
- Literally dump every ingredient besides the jalapeños in the bowl and mix her up!
- Mince up your jalapeños. I like larger pieces for a little crunch, so cut them to your liking.
- Add jalapeños to the bowl and mix that baby up. If you like your sauce a little thinner, add a few tablespoons of the jalapeño juice to the mixture.
- Toss that bad boy in the fridge and that’s it. All done. Easy Peasy.
So that recipe is super simple but totally hits the spot when you don’t feel like leaving the house or paying a food delivery service $99 for a $4 menu item. Don’t get me wrong, I have done it.
This year is hard enough, let’s make eating simple.
In the spirit of keeping things simple I want you to meet a dog that simply knows nothing else in life except happiness.
Meet Sis. Look at this gal, she is SMILING. She is amazing. She was a bit shy when we first met but once she warmed up she has shown nothing but love.
Isn’t weird that this lil furry thing reminds me weekly that life could be worse.
She loves walking and sniffing but her favorite thing is reminding me that she knows I am here. She pumps the brakes, plops down for a sit and just smiles at me. It is the purest thing I have ever encountered in a dog.
I have said this before and I will say it a million more times. Humans truly do not deserve these amazing babes.
2020 is hard you guys, let’s take a lesson from Sis. Smile on and hang in there it could be worse.